Monday, March 8, 2010

Mid-Lenten Report

Yesterday was the Sunday of the Cross, the midpoint of Lent. (for the non-Orthodox, Holy Week is separate from Lent; Lent ends on Palm Sunday. Holy Week makes Lent look like a stroll in the park) This Lent has been pretty easy for me, mostly because I have other things I'm fixated on.

So far, I've gone to all the services except for the ones on Saturday mornings, because I have to work. I have yet to really cheat on the fast, though I still eat too much. And I have been relatively good at my prayer goals this Lent. I still need to be better at evening prayers though.

I've lost 6 pounds so far, and the pants I bought a few months ago are starting to become uncomfortably loose. Today, I took my drill and drilled a new hole in my belt so I could cinch it tight enough.

We still have a long way to go, and the hardest part of Lent is still ahead of us, when we have the non-Lenten foods in our house again, but can't eat them yet. But the end is in sight, the goal is much closer. God willing, the second half will go as well as the first.

No comments: