Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Lost an X

I have been struggling with my weight for quite a long time. I've been overweight my entire life. Last year, I resolved to do something about it. I've resolved the same thing about a hundred times since high school. But something about the dial on the scale creeping ever closer to 300 lbs (I never quite got there, thank God) did something and I have been dieting and exercising (off and on) since mid February.

Since then, I've lost 45 lbs.

Yesterday, I finally went shopping for new clothes. I hate shopping, and I get sticker shock even at the Value Village ($15 for used jeans?!?) I know, I'm cheap. Anyway, I used to wear XXL shirts and 38 x32 jeans. Now, I fit inside XL shirts (and can almost squeeze into an L) and 36x32s are comfortable on me!

Green tags were half off, so I bought just about every pair of green tagged pants that didn't have holes or huge stains on them, and a couple of shirts too.

I still have at least 30 pounds to go, at which point, I'll decide if I look good, or if I need to loose more weight. The charts all say that a 6 foot man should weigh 165-190 lbs. I think that is bunk. I know people that when they were at their so-called ideal weight, they were sickly and anemic. They were healthiest when they were about 20 lbs over "ideal" weight.

Anyway, just to let you know, there is now alot less of me to love.

1 comment:

The Knight Family said...

Good job Aaron! Stay warm... it is freezing in Spokane too. Our nightly lows for the past three days have not gotten above 5!